We at the East Asian Association would like to compile our members’ experiences at international schools in East Asia, to help other members who are in the process of choosing a school for studies abroad. This includes all kinds of schools – from universities to language schools and summer courses. This information will be summarised and uploaded to our website (http://eastasian.studorg.liu.se). We would very much appreciate if you took your time to fill out the following questions as detailed as possible, and should something be unclear, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please provide as much detail as possible! Even if you find something unimportant or irrelevant, someone else might find it interesting to read about.
- Don’t worry about your language. If you feel insecure about writing in english, ask us to check your writing and we will correct it if necessary. We won’t change anything except typos unless you ask us to.
- If you have any photos you would like to include in the review, please provide us with a link via Google drive, Dropbox or any other sharing service, as our mail servers might block the email if it’s too heavy. Another option is to bring them on a USB during Conversation Corner, but please notify us in advance. A picture of yourself is appreciated, but not necessary.
- There is no time limit for sending in this form. We are always accepting your review.
- If there is some question you can’t answer (like if your school doesn’t have a website), leave that field blank.
- You don’t need to write it in point form – a summary with the questions as a reference is appreciated too.
- Please send your document in plain text to firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. .txt, .doc, .docx, .odt, or just copy paste into an email. Don’t use .pdf.) Chinese, japanese, korean etc. characters are OK to use.
Please fill out the following questions:
- Your school’s name
- Your school’s country
- Your school’s city
- Your school’s website
- Your chosen courses
- Approximate school fee (if paid by yourself)
- Approximate rent per month
- Course length
- Date of arrival and date of departure
Please write about the following:
- Why did you choose the course?
- Did it live up to your expectations?
- What did you think about the lessons? The atmosphere? Location? Classmates?
- What did you do on your spare time? Club activities?
- How was your apartment/share house/etc? What options did you have?
- Please tell us about your good and your bad experiences during your time of stay.
- Are there any experiences you want to share with others about living abroad?
- Please tell us more about your stay!
- Please include any links to your social media services that could be of interest (like blogs) and contact information if it’s okay for other students to contact you about your stay.